Bonded coatings, also known as anti-friction coatings, offer many advantages compared to conventional oils and greases for high temperatures, applications with special hygiene requirements or highly loaded industrial machine elements. Our special tribo-coatings help you optimise the friction coefficients and sliding properties of your components and ensure longer lifetimes.
At a glance: bonded coatings from Klüber Lubrication
What are bonded coatings?
- Longer service life: our special low friction coatings optimise friction coefficients and the sliding properties of components and reduce maintenance costs
- High hygiene and safety requirements: while lubricants may drip from the friction point, bonded coatings form a solid and clean layer.
- High thermal stability: bonded coatings can be used at temperatures exceeding 300°C.
- High-performance solutions: competence and expertise gained from more than 90 years of research and industrial experience
Bonded coatings, or anti-friction tribo-coatings, form a uniform, dry and low-friction lubricant layer on various materials and components.
A bonded coating has a composition similar to that of a coloured paint. However, instead of the coloured pigments it contains one or several solid lubricants. The main constituents of a low-friction bonded coating are:
Good adhesion due to dry lubrication
- Solid lubricants: polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), molybdenum disulfide (MoS2), boron nitride, graphite or a combination of different solid lubricants
- Binder: organic or inorganic, consists of 1 or 2 components
- Solvent: organic or water
Dry lubrication is always a good choice for industrial applications requiring a clean, for-life lubricant. Bonded coatings can also be used for both particularly low and high temperatures exceeding 300°C.
Contrary to other lubricants, a bonded coating or anti-friction coating offers the advantage of forming a uniform adhesive layer on the component. The clean lubrication layer, which cannot be washed off and does not have to be renewed (i.e. lifetime lubrication), optimises your production conditions and helps reduce your maintenance costs efficiently.
The advantages of bonded coatings:
The right bonded coating for your specific requirements
- Completely cover components and form a uniform lubricant layer
- No contamination due to dry lubrication
- Reduction of friction and constant friction coefficients
- Prevention or reduction of noise (no stick-slip)
- Suitable for particularly high and low temperatures
- Reliable lifetime lubrication
Our product range includes bonded coatings for metal surfaces and plastics and elastomers.